Login to Complete an Entry or to Access Judging Panel
double-click to edit, do not edit in source
Online Entry and Judging Software
Don't have an account? Choose an entry category below to begin. Logged in users may also click these to submit additional entries.
Returning Entrants: click here to access your past submissions or select a category from above to make an additional entry.
To access the Judges Portal, you will need to use the credentials sent to you by AAF National.
Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the American Advertising Awards competition rules, categories and entry procedures for 2021-2022 have been modified to allow for the possibility of remote online judging.
In some categories, entrants are allowed and/or required to upload additional digital examples of an entry. This is intended to provide more appropriate content for the judges, should a virtual judging solution be necessary. For most categories, there has been no change from prior competition years.
Please carefully follow all online submission guidelines provided within the entry system, in order to ensure that your work is properly represented during all three tiers of the American Advertising Awards competition.
Please note that online judging is approved for THIS YEAR ONLY.
The American Advertising Awards, home of the ADDY® Award, is one of the industry's largest creative competitions, attracting nearly 30,000 professional and student entries each year through competitions offered through local AAF clubs. The mission of the American Advertising Awards is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in advertising.
Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local Ad Club phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards - recognition as the very best in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in your local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
2022 SUBMISSIONS OPEN NOW! ALL ENTIRES WILL BE SUBMITTED AND JUDGED VIRTUALLY!
Submissions for the 2022 American Advertising Awards are NOW OPEN! Use the login info in the left sidebar to access the submission portal. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Single entry: $70
Submissions end January 14, 2022 at midnight, there will be no dropoff party this year. All entires will be submitted and judged virtually.
No physical items will be required for submission to judging. 5 attachments are allowed per submission. We urge you to submit as many attachments as possible to convey the piece in its entirety. For physical printed entries, a video is highly encouraged showing the piece in action.
Additions/Changes to Professional Categories
- Many of the category numbers have changed – please review the rules document.
- Public Service work must improve the public’s health, education and/or welfare. This work may be paid or pro bono. Public service work does not qualify in any other categories. Individual elements may be entered into Elements of Advertising. Pro Bono work/elements are NOT eligible for Best of Show consideration.
- Any work to promote an ad agency, media outlet, production company, freelancer or ad club must be entered in the Advertising Industry Self Promotion category.
- Sales videos or product brochures are not eligible to be entered in the Branded Content categories. These categories are only for content that drives engagement, brand awareness or loyalty – not a sales message.
- Note: Any changes to the rules for this year’s competition are in red text within the professional and student rules PDF documents
Additions/Changes to Student Categories
- S24B – new category for Typeface Design
- Note: Any changes to the rules for this year’s competition are in red text within the professional and student rules PDF documents.
DEADLINES & EVENTS
January 14, 2022 at 11:59 PM- Final deadline.
February 24th-Award Show at the WOW! Club at SRP Park. 6:30-10 PM