American Advertising Awards 2018/2019
Online Entry and Judging Software
Don't have an account? Choose an entry category below to begin.
Returning Entrants: click here to access your past submissions or select a category from above to make an additional entry.
The American Advertising Awards, home of the ADDY® Award, is one of the industry's largest creative competitions, attracting nearly 35,000 professional and student entries each year through competitions offered through local AAF clubs. The mission of the American Advertising Awards is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in advertising.
Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local Ad Club phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards - recognition as the very best in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in your local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
2019 American Advertising Awards Gala & AAF Silver Medal Award Presentation
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE 2019 AMERICAN ADVERTISING AWARDS. PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING.
This is critical information you need to know regarding how to enter as well as definition of categories. This entry guide should be printed, read and used as a guide in preparing your entries. Please note there have been changes to Rules and Categories for 2019. See the Professional Rules & Categories and the Student Rules and Categories on the AAF-Houston website, https://www.aaf-houston.net/addys2019/
NOTE: PHYSICAL ENTRIES REQUIRED FOR PRINT ONLY
ALL entries, including broadcast and digital, MUST be uploaded into the ADDY software regardless of category. Uploads will be used in the ADDY program book and award shows on the local, district and national levels. IF YOU FAIL TO UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR ENTRY OR CREDITS, YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM BOOK OR SHOW.
You will not have the opportunity to upload after your entries have been submitted.
The file format for uploading your entries, including screen shots, is high res PDF.
- Screen shots MUST be uploaded to the software for all DIGITAL entries.
- Broadcast: All BROADCAST entries MUST be uploaded to the ADDY site and will be judged from the site.
- Credits: Remember that credits are not just for the local use, but for district and national competitions, as well. All credits must be included at the time of your entry submission. YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADD OR MAKE CHANGES TO CREDITS AFTER YOUR ENTRIES HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED.
Houston Only Categories
Local entrants for local clients in key Houston industries. Entrants compete against a field on contenders in broader categories within similar industries. Houston Only Categories are specific to AAF Houston and do not forward.
ADDY ENTRY FEES SINGLE
MEMBER ENTRY FEE: $125 per entry
NON-MEMBER FEE: $175 per entry
STUDENT ENTRY FEE: $50
CAMPAIGN ENTRY FEE
LATE FEE AFTER 12/21/2018 IS $50 PER ENTRY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
GALLERY FEE - WINNERS WILL BE CHARGED A $50 GALLERY FEE PER ITEM PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
*ENTRY AND PAYMENT - Optional Purchase on Eventbrite
DROP OFF FOR PRINTED OR DIMENSIONAL ENTRIES:
LOPEZ NEGRETE COMMUNICATIONS
3336 Richmond Ave., Ste 200 | Houston, TX 77098
ENTRIES ACCEPTED FRIDAYS 12 TO 5 P.M. DEC. 7 TO 21, 2018
All Entries Must
• Meet all eligibility and deadline requirements.
• Be entered in the correct category and be correctly identified.
• Conform to defined submission requirements.
• Conform to all copyright laws.
ENTRY SUBMISSION (Envelope provided by AAF-Houston):
- Place two (2) copies of each entry piece in the plastic envelope provided. NOTE: Reason to provide (2) copies of each entry is that one (1) copy will be used to mount for the Winners display in the gallery, and the other will be forwarded to the next District level of competition, should it win locally.
- Place two (2) copies of the entry form inside the envelope to accompany the two (2) entry pieces in the plastic envelope.
- In a separate letter-sized envelope labeled with company name: Bring a signed Manifest and Payment or Invoice issued by AAF National.
Invoice / Manifest Form
After filling out the entry forms, you will be required to sign an Invoice / Manifest Form, listing all of your entries. This form states that by signing below you: 1) Verify that the above information is accurate; 2) Acknowledge that proper rights were obtained for use of any elements of the entry that were not original; 3) Agree to submit documentation deemed necessary for review; 4) Release the entry for Internet, broadcast and/or print (allow reuse of material); and 5) Verify that the entry was created within the local MSA of the competition; 6) Acknowledge that all work submitted becomes the propoerty of AAF and AAF-Houston and WILL NOT be returned to the entrant; 7) Acknowledge that NO REFUNDS will be made for entry, gallery, or event tickets fees.
Entry Identification for PRINTED PIECES
Detach the category and entry number labels from the printable entry form generated when you submitted your entry information online. The entry number must be firmly affixed in the upper right corner on the back of all pieces which are in envelopes. In clear plastic or transparent envelopes, place two copies of the entire entry form into the envelope. Label each component of an Integrated Campaign in a similar fashion. No information identifying the entrant should appear on the face of an entry, or within the title of video slates or online URLs for digital submissions.
Submission of entries acknowledges the right of the AAF to use them for publication, exhibition and marketing of the American Advertising Awards competition and show.
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
Contact: AAF-H Office: 713-237-9999, Email: email@example.com