American Advertising Awards 2018/2019
Online Entry and Judging Software
Don't have an account? Choose an entry category below to begin.
Returning Entrants: click here to access your past submissions or select a category from above to make an additional entry.
The American Advertising Awards, home of the ADDY® Award, is one of the industry's largest creative competitions, attracting nearly 35,000 professional and student entries each year through competitions offered through local AAF clubs. The mission of the American Advertising Awards is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in advertising.
Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local Ad Club phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards - recognition as the very best in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in your local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
Welcome to the 2019 American Advertising Awards entrant site.
Early Bird enter before 2:00 pm on December 20th, 2018 and receive $5.00 off per entry
THERE IS ONLY ONE DAY FOR DROP OFF, THERE IS NOT LATE ENTRY DAY.
There will be only one entry day: Thursday, January 10th, 2019 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Entries must be checked in by 4:00 pm.
Drop your submissions off at: Wendy Deetz 817 Ranchitos Road NW, Los Ranchos, NM 87114
If you have worked diligently on your submissions, have 20 or more, take Thursday off, you deserve it. We will be happy to pick them up and process them for you in the comfort of your office on the afternoons of the 8th or 9th of January, 2019. Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. If you want to take the week off and have less than 20 entries and they are ready by December 20th, we will pick them up!
Top Mistakes not to make this year for easier intake.
1. Attach only the entry number to the back of the entry. No information identifying the entrant should appear on an entry, or within the title of video slates or online URLs for digital submissions.
2. You must provide a signed manifest with payment at the time of drop off, or pick up. Every Entry must have a signed manifest. If you are not dropping off, email the manifest to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Make sure that All work entered in the ADDY competition must have first appeared in the media between January 1 and December 31, 2018.
4. With the exceptions of Public Service Advertising and Advertising Industry Self Promotion categories, and student entries, work entered must have been the result of paid creative services and media placement in the normal course of business.
5. Make sure your entry is placed inside an appropriately-sized clear bag. Email email@example.com to get these.
6. All components of Campaign and Integrated Campaign entries must be entered together in an appropriately sized envelope whenever possible. Firmly affix the entry number to the BACK of every piece in the entry (use removable entry number tabs from the bottom of printable entry form). Indicate on each label “1 of 2” or “2 of 2,” etc. Include an extra copy of the entry form inside the envelope.
7. Integrated Campaigns are the only entries that may be accompanied by a written or digital (video) summary.
Corporate members: $85 for individual entry, $105 for campaign (per entry)
Small Business/ Individual members: $100 for individual entry, $120 for campaign (per entry)
Non-members: $125 for individual entry, $145 for campaign (per entry)
Student Entries $30for individual entry, $45 for campaign (per entry)
After entering online, physical entries must be dropped off January 10th at
817 Ranchitos Road NW, Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM 87114
We are happy to pick up any Santa Fe entries prior to January 11th, 2019. Contact AAF-NM at 505.750.3670 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for pickup.
When you enter the ADDY’s, you are automatically entered into the Albuquerque 30, a celebration of the 30 greatest ideas of the year. This special competition can be won by any entrant in any category, as long as the idea meets a certain level of excellence. Attend this year’s ADDY event to find out if you are a member of the coveted Albuquerque 30.
Please note: If you do not upload a digital file with your entry and your entry wins, you will not be included in the book. Both PDFs and JPEGs are acceptable file formats.
After I enter online, what's next?
After submitting your entry online, you will bring printed entry forms, manifest and a hard copy of your entry to one of the ADDY® entry events as stated above.
What do I need to provide with my entry?
When preparing your entry to bring to the above entry events you must include:
• The entry in a plastic envelope or bag (we can provide the bag if necessary, email email@example.com to request bags)
• The signed manifest (this lists all entries and total amount due)
• Two copies of the entry form
• Your physical entry (when applicable, for website you may submit the URL see the rules and Categories PDF for more information)
What is the Eligibility criterion?
All work must have first appeared in the media between January 1 and December 31, 2018. All entries must have been produced through the normal course of business.
Please contact Judging Chair Elizabeth Zupkow at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about entering or categories.