& Judging Portal
Don't have an account? Choose an entry category below to begin. Logged in users may also click these to submit additional entries.
Returning Entrants: click here to access your past submissions or select a category from above to make an additional entry.
To access the Judges Portal, you will need to use the credentials sent to you by AAF National.
Judging may be hosted virtually. Please check with your local Chapter to verify requirements of physical entries. Requirement of physical entry submissions is at the discretion of the local AAF Chapter.
In some categories, entrants are allowed and/or required to upload additional digital examples of an entry. This is intended to provide more appropriate content for the judges, should a virtual judging solution be necessary. For most categories, there has been no change from prior competition years.
Please carefully follow all online submission guidelines provided within the entry system, in order to ensure that your work is properly represented during all three tiers of the American Advertising Awards competition.
Welcome to the AAF Los Angeles
American Advertising Awards Entry Portal
Thank you for supporting the Los Angeles American Advertising Awards Competition! This competition helps us continue the important work we do to unify the Los Angeles advertising community throughout the year.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR: We are excited to introduce 9 local-only categories! Scroll down to the "Local-Only Categories" section to see the new categories you can enter.
Rules & Categories
Entry Deadlines & Fees
Early Entry Deadline: January 5, 2024 at 11:59pm Pacific Time
*Late fees will be applied started January 6, 2024 at 12:00am Pacific Time, see fees below.
Final Entry Deadline: January 22, 2024 at 11:59pm Pacific Time
Early Entry: $170/member | $225/non-member
Late Entry: $170/member | $275/non-member
*For the 2023-24 competition, there are NO late fees for members!
All Entries: $40/member | $55/non-member
*For the 2023-24 competition, there are NO late fees for students!
Local-Only Categories (NEW!)
We are excited to share for the first time in the Los Angeles competition there will be several local-only categories.
- L0: Mosaic Award - Companies that display their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through creative work, advocacy, and company-wide initiatives.
- L1: The Foodie Award - The best restaurant and/or food advertising in LA.
- L2: The Elevated Award - The best of cannabis and/or hemp advertising in LA.
- L3: Her Award - The best of advertising for women-owned businesses in LA.
- L4: The Gaming & Technology Award - The best of advertising for gaming and/or technology companies in LA.
- L5: The Avant-Garde Award - The best of innovative advertising in LA, work that sets a new standard, challenges the norm, or amazes with a huge “WOW” factor.
- L6: The Influencer Award - The best of working with a creator/influencer to spread a brand message through public sharing, commenting and expressions of opinions and content. The advertising must be for an Los Angeles based business or the influencer must primarily reside in Los Angeles.
- L7: The Extreme Makeover Award - The best of rebranding created in LA.
- L8: The Graveyard - The best ideas that the client didn’t greenlight created in LA.
- L9: The Web3 Award - The best of advertising built specifically for Web3, including apps, activations, NFTs or any other projects related to Web3.
Please Note: Entries in these categories are not elgibile to be forwarded to the District or National competition. Entries can be in any media format. The advertising must be for a Los Angeles based business or created by a Los Angeles based agency.
Will there be physical entries this year?
Nope, all entries for the 2023-2024 Los Angeles American Advertising Awards will be judged online only, no physical entries will be accepted. You're welcome or we're sorry 😉
That being said, it will be even more important to upload great photos and videos, where allowed. For nearly all entries, you are now able to upload five files/images and a video.
For example, if you are submitted an annual report as your entry, you can submit photos of the interior and exterior of the piece as well as a video highlighting key pieces of the work for the judges to watch. Since these images and videos are replacing the physical entry, take the time to make sure they represent your entry in the best way possible!