Online Entry & Judging
double-click to edit, do not edit in source
double-click to edit, do not edit in source
Don't have an account? Choose an entry category below to begin. Logged in users may also click these to submit additional entries.
Returning Entrants: click here to access your past submissions or select a category from above to make an additional entry.
To access the Judges Portal, you will need to use the credentials sent to you by AAF National.
Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the American Advertising Awards competition rules, categories and entry procedures for 2022-2023 have been modified to allow for the possibility of remote online judging.
In some categories, entrants are allowed and/or required to upload additional digital examples of an entry. This is intended to provide more appropriate content for the judges, should a virtual judging solution be necessary. For most categories, there has been no change from prior competition years.
Please carefully follow all online submission guidelines provided within the entry system, in order to ensure that your work is properly represented during all three tiers of the American Advertising Awards competition.
THE ENTRY DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 1/28
How to Enter
- Review your creative work completed between January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021, and select what you feel are your very best projects. All items should be submitted virtually this year. Please remember to provide your entries in a manner the judges can view the work in its entirety. For example, if you have a brochure, do not only provide mockups, but also the flat PDF.
- Collect the names and titles of all those involved in the creative you select (designers, project managers, writers, etc.). Then collect the digital and tangible assets of your projects (*.pdfs, *.jpg, *.png, *.mov or *.mp4, etc.)
- Register as an entrant (Professional or Student) or login if you entered previously
- Select the entry division and use the simple drop-down menus to enter your information
- Submit digital entries in the manner each category requires. Please remember to provide your entries in a manner the judges can view the work in its entirety. For example, if you have a brochure, do not only provide mockups, but also the flat PDF.
- Print the manifest listing all of your entries. All entries must be paid by credit card this year. No other form of payment will be accepted.
- No physical entries are required this year.
- Entry Deadline: Friday, January 28, 2022.
Entry Fees and Deadlines
Payment will only be accepted by credit card. No checks will be accepted.
Member, Single Entry: $125
Member, Campaign Entry: $165
Non-Member, Single Entry: $250
Non-Member, Campaign Entry: $330
Single Entry: $30
Campaign Entry: $40
Friday, January 21, 2022
All work entered must have first appeared between January 1 and December 31, 2021, and must have been published work.
With the exceptions of Public Service, Advertising Industry Self-Promotion, and student entries, the work must have been the result of paid creative services in the normal course of business.
The entry content must be “New” creative. For example, the same headline from a previous year with a different body copy does not qualify.
Entries may be entered into just one ADDY competition and must be submitted to the competition in the CBSA, DMA, or MSA (as defined by Arbitron or Nielsen) nearest geographically to where the work was created. The entry map will indicate your competition. However - entries can be submitted to multiple categories within the same ADDY competition.
Digital Entries (electronic media and online entries): Only require uploading through the entry portal.
Online/Interactive Advertising: For Websites and all Online/Interactive entries, submit the URL addresses. URLs must not require any username or password for access.
Print/Physical Entries: All entries in non-digital mediums require virtual submission. Please remember to provide your entries in a manner the judges can view the work in its entirety. For example, if you have a brochure, do not only provide mockups, but also the flat PDF.
- Integrated campaign (multiple mediums) entries may be accompanied by a written or digital (video) summary not to exceed 250 words (written) or 3 minutes (digital). Digital summaries must be submitted by uploading the video file during the online entry process
Invoice / Manifest Form
After filling out the entry forms, you will be required to sign an Invoice/Manifest Form listing all of your entries. This form states that by signing below you:
- Verify that the information is accurate
- Acknowledge that proper rights were obtained for use of any elements of the entry that were not original
- Agree to submit documentation deemed necessary for review
- Release the entry for Internet, broadcast, and/or print (allow reuse of material)
- Verify that the entry was created within the local CBSA, DMA, or MSA (as defined by Arbitron or Nielsen) of the competition
Rules and Documentation
The complete unabridged national rules and category descriptions can be found at https://www.aaf.org/common/Uploaded%20files/AmAdAwards/AmAdAwards-Pro-Rules-2022.pdf.
For student eligibility requirements, refer to the American Advertising Awards Student Division Rules and Categories at https://www.aaf.org/common/Uploaded%20files/AmAdAwards/AmAdAwards-Student-Rules-2022.pdf.