Login to Complete an Entry or to Access Judging Panel
American Advertising Awards 2016/2017
Online Entry and Judging Software
Don't have an account? Choose an entry category below to begin.
Returning Entrants: click here to access your past submissions or select a category from above to make an additional entry.
The American Advertising Awards, formerly the ADDYs, is the advertising industry's largest and most representative competition, attracting over 40,000 entries every year in local AAF Club (Ad Club) competitions. The mission of the American Advertising Awards competition is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising.
Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local Ad Club phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards - recognition as the very best in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in your local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
Entering the American Advertising Awards supports the entire advertising industry, because the AAF and its local and district affiliates use the proceeds to enhance advertising through programs such as public service, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education, and consumer awareness.
Selection of the most creative entry in each category is affected by a scoring process in which a panel of judges evaluates all creative dimensions of every entry.
A GOLD ADDY is recognition of the highest level of creative excellence and is judged to be superior to all other entries in the category. Entries that are also considered outstanding and worthy of recognition receive a SILVER ADDY. The number of awards given in each category is determined by the judges, based on the relative quality of work in that category.
- All work entered in the American Advertising Award competition must have first appeared in the media between January 1 and December 31, 2016.
- With the exceptions of Public Service Advertising and Advertising Industry Self Promotion categories, and student entries, work entered must have been the result of paid creative services and media placement in the normal course of business.
- Entries must be submitted in the CBSA, DMA or MSA where the work was created (as defined by Arbitron or Nielsen for your local market). In the event that there are entrants located in markets not served by a local American Advertising Award affiliated show, the acceptance, processing, judging, forwarding and fees of those entries will be decided by the governing body of the district in which the entrant is located.
- For Student eligibility requirements refer to the Student American Advertising Awards Rules & Categories available at www.AmericanAdvertisingAwards.com.
- Single Entry: $70 (Early Bird: $60)
- Campaign Entry: $85 (Early Bird: $75)
- Single Entry: $140
- Campaign Entry: $170
- Single Entry: $20
- Campaign Entry: $40
*Entries must be packaged inside the AAF-issued clear envelopes with the Call for Entries card inside.
- Download this year’s guide to Professional Rules & Categories.
- Download this year’s guide to Student Rules & Categories.
AAF JACKSONVILLE ADDY® SUBMISSION TIMELINE:
- Dec. 7 ADDY Pickup at Farah&Farah Courtyard
- Dec. 15 ADDY 101 @iHeartStudio, 12-1pm
- Dec. 19 Early Bird Call for entries, Farah&Farah Courtyard
- Jan. 11 Call for Entries Social, The Melting Pot, 5-8pm
- Jan. 16 Last Call for Entries
- Jan. 20-22 ADDY Judging
- Feb. 2 ADDY Preview Party
- Feb. 4 ADDY GALA. Ramala Club
ADDY® Preview Party
Where & When:
The Jr League of Jacksonville
2165 Park St,
Jacksonville, FL 32204
February 2th, 2016
6:00 to 9:00 pm
A Night of speakers, food, drinks and seeing all of this years submissions! Tickets coming soon!
Where & When:
3130 Parental Home Rd,
Jacksonville, FL 32216
February 4th, 2016
7:00 to 11:00 pm
Tickets coming soon! All-you-can-drink wristbands will be available for $10.