Login to Complete an Entry or to Access Judging Panel
American Advertising Awards 2017/2018
Online Entry and Judging Software
Don't have an account? Choose an entry category below to begin.
Returning Entrants: click here to access your past submissions or select a category from above to make an additional entry.
The American Advertising Awards, formerly the ADDYs, is the advertising industry's largest and most representative competition, attracting over 40,000 entries every year in local AAF Club (Ad Club) competitions. The mission of the American Advertising Awards competition is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising.
Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local Ad Club phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards - recognition as the very best in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in your local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
Rules, categories and information regarding the AAF-Dayton Hermes/American Advertising Awards are at www.hermesawards.org.
- The Call for Entries date is Friday, January 12th from 5-8 at Brixx. All entries input into the software must be dropped off on or before this date. Any entries not dropped off by the CFE date will be subject to the late fee regardless if they were input prior to the late entry dates. Late entries will be accepted on Tuesday, January 16th from noon--1pm at Yeck Brothers Company.
- Entry fees are
- Single entry for members $70 per, non-members $115 per
- Campaign entries for members $80 per, non-members $125 per
- Best Ad That Never Ran for members $35 per, non-members $55 per
- Student entries are $45 per
- The late entry fees will be $30 per from between the call for entries date until 1pm Tuesday, January 16th. Entries submitted after that date will have a late fee of $50 per. Entries will be accepted until noon on Friday, January 19th.
- If you are not an AAF-Dayton member, there is a $45 higher cost per entry than if you were a member. If you are submitting more than 4 entries, that difference more than covers the cost of our lowest cost membership level, which is $170. You may want to consider joining to save on entry fees, get the member rate for the Awards Ceremony, and also receive many other benefits of being a member. Some of the benefits of membership include: personal and professional development through regular meetings and workshops; networking opportunities; a voice in legislative issues; and member discounts on business related services. Click here to learn more about AAF-Dayton and to become a member.
- You may pay for your entries online when you finish inputting them.
- Follow the directions on the entry envelope insert about the number of entry forms needed (2), the Manifest Form, etc.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail Sara McCatherine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 937-248-4697.
- Save the date for the Hermes Awards Ceremony, Saturday February 17th at the Dayton Marriott. Reservation info to come.